Meaning of LIGIT
What Does LIGIT Mean?LIGIT means "Legitimate". When used online, LIGIT best translates as "true", "for real", or "legal". It often features in the question "Is this LIGIT?" meaning "Is this true?", "Is this for real?", or "Is this legal?".
Another version of LIGIT is LEGIT.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for LIGITLIGIT means "True or Legal (from legitimate) (see also LEGIT)". This is the most common definition for LIGIT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about LIGIT:
|Definition:||True or Legal (from legitimate)
(see also LEGIT)
|Type:||Word and Abbreviation|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for LIGITWhen I write LIGIT, I mean this:
LIGIT is sometimes written as LEGIT. (Both mean legitimate.)
Examples of LIGIT in SentencesHere are examples of LIGIT being used in conversations:
- Person A: Is this scheme LIGIT?
- Person B: Yeah, it's all above board. (Here, LIGIT means "legal".)
- Person A: I can get you a ticket for next Saturday's concert.
- Person B: LIGIT?
- Person A: Yes, my brother was given a dozen by a roadie. (Here, LIGIT means "for real".)
- Person A: Is your story LIGIT?
- Person B: I swear it's the truth. (Here, LIGIT means "true".)
An Academic Look at LIGITLIGIT is a shortened version of legitimate and is therefore classified as a contraction. (NB: The first "I" in LIGIT would be an "E" if this were a true contraction. The misspelling is deliberate to add a sense of fun.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "genuine", "above board" or "true" instead of LIGIT.
A Text with LIGIT
Using LIGIT on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)