What Does IMHO Mean in a Text?The term IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) accompanies a message to make the author seem less forthright and authoritative. IMHO carries a connotation of "I'm not stating this as a fact. It is just my opinion." This term is often used by passive aggressives (i.e., people who can mask their controlling or attacking nature using non-emotive and non-confrontational language).
Image for IMHO
When I write IMHO, I mean this:
The shows President Obama pulling a "I was just sayin'�" face.
Summary of Key Points"In My Humble Opinion" is the most common definition for IMHO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|In My Humble Opinion
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IMHO in SentencesHere are some examples of IMHO being used in sentences:
- IMHO the plan is unlikely to succeed.
- She's not as nice as your old girlfriend IMHO.
An Academic Look at IMHOIMHO is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aye Em Aich Oh), but as this is harder to say than "in my humble opinion," it is not usually uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IMHO is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation IMHO is a prepositional phrase (the preposition is in), which is used as an adverb to establish the setting for the main clause. Compare the examples below:
- In London, four lions guard Nelson's Column. (Here, the prepositional phrase In London is an adverb of place.)
- IMHO, he is a berk. (Here, the prepositional phrase IMHO is an adverb of concession, which is similar in meaning to although this is just my view.)
Example of IMHO Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoIMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion) JMHO (just my humble opinion) ATMO (according to my opinion) IMAHO (in my absolute honest opinion) IMAO (in my arrogant opinion) IMBO (in my biased opinion) IMCO (in my considered opinion) IMEO (in my educated opinion) IMMAO (in my most arrogant opinion)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.