What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does ABD Mean?ABD (Already Been Done) can be used to declare that a task does not need doing as it has already been completed.
ABD can also be used to quash someone's "good" idea. For example:
- Tony: I going to invent a bag-less vacuum cleaner.
- Jordan: ABD.
- Tony: She is stunning.
- Jordan: ABD.
Summary of Key Points"Already Been Done" is the most common definition for ABD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Already Been Done|
5: Extremely difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ABDWhen I write ABD, I mean this:
This image shows a full checklist of tasks that have already been done.
Examples of ABD in SentencesHere are some examples of ABD being used in sentences:
- Can you tell me whether the plastering has ABD ? (Here, ABD is being used in its literal sense.)
- Tony: How about starting a restaurant that only sells chicken?
- Jordan: Are you serious? ABD. (Here, ABD is quashing an idea.)
- Tony: Check her out. Go and chat her up.
- Jordan: ABD. (Here, ABD is a laddish response suggesting he already knows the girl intimately.)
An Academic Look at ABDABD is typically used in the present perfect tense, where it is preceded by the verb has (for singular a subject) or have (for a plural subject).
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Bee Dee"), ABD is classified as an initialism abbreviation. (Of note, initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
Example of ABD Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?