What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does (YN) Mean?(YN) means "Your Name" or "fingers crossed." Here is more about each of these meanings.
Your NameUsed in fanfiction, (YN) means "Your Name." It tells readers where to insert their name so they can feature in a story or scenario. (YN) is sometimes written with square brackets, e.g., [Y/N], or Y/N.
Here is an example of (YN) being used in a fanfiction scenario:
- Rapmon from BTS asks (YN) onto the stage to sing the opening lines of "Life Goes On."
- Come here, (YN). Let's go upstairs. I have something to show you. [Suga starts taking off his shirt and walking up the stairs.]
- How old are you, (YN)?
Fingers Crossed(YN) is used to represent crossed fingers. In many Microsoft apps (such as Word and Skype), the text "(YN)" turns into a "crossed fingers" icon as soon as a space is inserted. When (YN) represents the "crossed fingers" icon, it can have two meanings:
(1) We're tight (close friends)
- Jack: I've got your back today, Sara.
- Sara: And I have yours (YN).
- Jack: I have bought so many lottery tickets I can't lose!
- Sara: I'm not sure that's how it works, but (YN).
Image for (YN)When I write (YN), I mean this: (YN) or YN means "Your Name." It can also mean "fingers crossed."
Video Summarizing (YN)Here's a short video explaining how to use (YN):
Summary of Key Points"Your name" is the most common definition for (YN). It is particularly common on Twitter and in fanfiction.
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for (YN)"Fingers Crossed (MSN)" is another meaning of (YN). It is an MSN (Microsoft Network) emoji or icon.
|Definition:||Fingers Crossed (MSN)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of (YN) in SentencesHere are some more examples of (YN) being used in conversations:
- Tony: Hey, (YN), do you want to play hide the salami?
- (Y/N): Are you any good at hide the salami?
- Tony: That's for you to answer, not me. (Here, (YN) means "Your Name.")
- Tony: I get my exam results on Friday!
- Jordan: (YN) (Here, (YN) means "fingers crossed" as in good luck.)
- Tony: Will you still be there for me when I get out of prison?
- Jordan: Yes, (YN) forever.
- Tony: Isn't your last boyfriend still in prison? (Here, (YN) means "fingers crossed" as in "we're tight.")
Example of (YN) Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?