What Is a Covidiot?A "covidiot" is a person who acts irresponsibility in the context of living with the coronavirus. For example, a covidiot will ignore public-health warnings (e.g., refuse to wear a mask, arrange a party) or panic-buy and hoard items upon hearing word of a potential shortage.
The term "covidiot" is also used for newly self-proclaimed experts in virology, so-called "armchair virologists."
Image for CovidiotWhen I write covidiot, I mean this:
A "covidiot" is someone who acts irresponsibility with regard to the coronavirus pandemic.
Examples of Covidiot in SentencesHere are examples of "covidiot" being used in conversations:
- Tony: Wearing a mask doesn't help. The virus can still get in. I don't wear one.
- Jordan: It's about not spreading the virus, you covidiot.
- Tony: I have ordered a 10kg sack of pasta, 100 toilet rolls, and 20 tins of spam.
- Jordan: Covidiot.
An Academic Look at CovidiotThe noun covidiot is a portmanteaux word from "Covid" and "idiot."
Example of Covidiot Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?