What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ZZZ Mean?ZZZ means "Sleeping or Bored." The letters ZZZ represent snoring. They are typically used in response to someone telling you a boring fact or story (i.e., it suggests they are sending you to sleep).
ZZZ has been used by comic artists since at least 1918 to represent snoring, but the reasons for using ZZZ are unclear. It is thought that the Zs are meant to represent the sound of a saw cutting through a log, which is often described as sounding like snoring.
Image for ZZZWhen I write ZZZ, I mean this: ZZZ is an onomatopoeic word that represents snoring.
Summary of Key Points"Sleeping or Bored" is the most common definition for ZZZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Sleeping or Bored|
1: Easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of ZZZ in SentencesHere are examples of ZZZ being used in conversations:
- Tony: Did you know that Bordeaux has the largest public square in the world?
- Jordan: ZZZ.
- Tony: So, you pay 20% corporation tax and 7% personal tax on any dividends.
- Jordan: ZZZ.
An Academic Look at ZZZZZZ is an example of onomatopoeia, which is the use of words which imitate the sound they describe.
Example of ZZZ Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what ZZZ means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOther entries related to sleeping:
G2S (go to sleep) GNSTDLTBBB (good night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite) NOD (fall asleep) REM (rapid eye movement (sleep pattern)) STTN (sleeping through the night) SWYD (sleep when you're dead) ZH (sleeping hour) ZONKED (asleep or tired)
Other entries related to boredom:
(' ') (emoticon representing boredom) BAH (bored as hell) BOOMM (bored out of my mind) BTD (bored to death) DEROB (bored) IAB (I am bored) IMB (I'm bored) ISB (I'm so bored) QWERTYUIOP (bored)