What Does XP Mean?XP means "Experience Points" and "Microsoft Windows Operating System."
Experience PointsIn online gaming. The abbreviation XP is used with the meaning "Experience Points" to refer to points gained in RPGs (Role Playing Games) as characters progress through the game and complete missions or achieve objectives.
The accumulation of XP usually allows a character to acquire new abilities or improve existing ones, such as strength, magic, health and skills. XPs may also give a character access to more areas or items.
In a gaming contest, "XP" is also often abbreviated as EXP.
Windows Operating SystemWindows XP is a PC operating system released by Microsoft in 2001, and supported until 2014.
Windows XP was the first consumer edition of Windows not to be based on MS DOS.
Image for XP
When I write XP, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Experience Points" is a very common definition for XP on gaming apps, such as Discord and TeamSpeak, as well as on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Adults and Teenagers
|Definition:||Microsoft Windows Operating System|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of XP in SentencesHere are examples of XP being used in conversations:
- Colin: How many more XP will I need to be able to do that?
- Sally: Loads! (Here. XP is being used with the meaning "Experience Points.")
- Lynn: What was your favorite game on XP?
- Seth: It's gotta be Unreal Tournament. (Here. XP is being used with the meaning "Windows Operating System.")
Example of XP Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.