What Does TW Mean?TW means "Trigger Warning." It is also used as an abbreviation of the names of British singer-songwriter James Taylor-Watts and American golfer Tiger Woods.
Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
Trigger WarningThe abbreviation TW is widely used online to label images or videos that may illicit a strong or potentially harmful emotional response in viewers.
Content that is typically labeled with TW includes (but is not limited to):
- Cruelty to animals.
- Drug use.
- Eating disorders.
- Excessive or gratuitous violence.
- Mental illness.
- Physical, verbal or emotional abuse.
- Rape and sexual assault.
- Toni: Did you watch the Darwin Awards video I sent you.
- Jordan: It was horrible! You should have sent me a TW.
- Joe: Did you see the results of the appeal against the election results?
- Donald: Not yet. What did the say?
- Joe: TW. You still lost!
James Taylor-Watts / Tiger WoodsTW is used by their fans to refer to British singer-songwriter James Taylor Watts and American golfing legend Tiger Woods.
James TW - You & Me (Official Video)
Image for TW
When I write TW, I mean this:
First Definition of TW"Trigger Warning" is the most common definition for TW on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram. Here is some more information about TW:
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition of TWAmong fans of pop music, TW is an abbreviation of the surname of British singer-songwriter James Taylor-Watts.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Third Definition of TWAmong sports fans, TW is an abbreviation of the name of US golfer Tiger Woods.
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Example of TW Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoWays to Say I Love You Text-Speak Using Numbers CW (calendar week, chemical warfare, chemical weapons, clockwise, content warning, continuous wave) SW (sarcasm warning, sex worker, smoke weed, so what?, starting weight, Star Wars, still waiting, Stormwind) UNALIVE (to commit suicide)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.