What Does TRUMPISM Mean?The term TRUMPISM means a policy advocated by the US President Donald Trump or a statement attributed to Trump. A TRUMPISM is typically a controversial (or even outrageous) statement, but it can also be a controversial challenge to the current political establishment or the controversial pursuit of a strategy in the American national interests.
Here are some examples of TRUMPISMS:
- "I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
- "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud"
- "Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision."
- "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best...They're bringing drugs. They're bring crime. They're rapists… And some, I assume, are good people."
- "The beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
- "It's freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!" "I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
- "My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body."
- "I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."
- "I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful."
- "The point is, you can never be too greedy."
- "I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist."
- "I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down"
Summary of Key Points"a controversial policy or announcement by US President Donald Trump" is the most common definition for TRUMPISM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||A Controversial Policy or Announcement by US President Donald Trump|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for TRUMPISMWhen I write TRUMPISM, I mean this:
A Controversial Policy or Announcement by US President Donald Trump
Examples of TRUMPISM in SentencesHere is an example of TRUMPISM being used in a conversation:
- Jack: Do you think most Mexicans are rapists or drug dealers?
- Chloe: What? Is that even a real question? That is such a TRUMPISM!
- Jack: That doesn't mean it's not true.
- Chloe: [Sigh]
An Academic Look at TRUMPISMThe term TRUMPISM is a noun. Given it derives from a proper noun (the surname "Trump"), it should be written with a capital letter ("Trumpism").
Example of TRUMPISM Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?