Meaning of TEA
What Does TEA Mean?TEA means "Gossip". The use of the word TEA to mean "Gossip" probably originated in the southern United States, where it was the custom for ladies to gather in the afternoon to drink tea and exchange rumors and stories.
In the context of "Gossip", TEA is most typically seen in the phrases "Spill the TEA" (to pass on gossip or rumors) and "Sip the TEA" (to listen to gossip or rumors).
Summary of Key Points
Definition for TEATEA means "gossip". This is the most common definition for TEA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about TEA:
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for TEAWhen I write TEA, I mean this:
Sipping the TEA is almost as much fun as spilling it.
Examples of TEA in SentencesHere are examples of TEA being used in conversations:
- Person A: Hey girl! What's the TEA?
- Person B: Didn't you hear about Tiffany?
- Person A: Did you hear about what went down at the party last night?
- Person B: Not yet! Let's get comfy so you can spill the TEA!
An Academic Look at TEATEA is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- Did you hear the TEA about Georgia? (Here, TEA is being used as a noun.)
A Text with TEA
Using TEA on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)