Meaning of TEA
What Does TEA Mean?TEA means "gossip". The term comes from the custom in the South of women who gather in the afternoon to drink tea and gossip. It is most typically seen in the phrase "spilling the tea" which means to gossip or relinquish personal information belonging to someone else.
Another popular phrase is to "sip the tea". It means to receive the gossip or rumors.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for TEATEA means "gossip". This is the most common definition for TEA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about TEA:
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for TEAWhen I write TEA, I mean this:
[TEA means gossip.]
Examples of TEA in SentencesHere are examples of TEA being used in conversations:
- Person A: Hey girl! What's the TEA?
- Person B: Didn't you hear about Tiffany?
- Person A: Did you hear about what went down at the party last night?
- Person B: Not yet! Let's get comfy so you can spill the TEA!
An Academic Look at TEATEA is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- Did you hear the TEA about Georgia? (Here, TEA is being used as a noun.)
A Text with TEA
Using TEA on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)