What Does STBX Mean?STBX means "Soon-To-Be Ex".
The abbreviation STBX is typically used with the meaning "Soon-To-Be Ex" to refer to a person who is soon to be dumped by or is planning to leave their partner. STBX can also be used to refer to anyone in any position who is about to move on (e.g., to resign, be fired or be promoted). For example:
- He is now officially my STBX boyfriend.
- He has just appointed his new STBX Secretary of State.
Summary of Key Points"Soon-To-Be Ex" is the most common definition for STBX on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for STBXWhen I write STBX, I mean this:
It looks like someone is an STBX.
Examples of STBX in SentencesHere are examples of STBX being used in conversations:
- Lynne: Who's that he is arguing with?
- Roger: His STBX girlfriend, I think.
- John: Did you see that on the news about the state governor?
- Pete: Do you mean the STBX state governor?
An Academic Look at STBXSTBX is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ess Tee Bee Ex). However, it is not spoken using its letters. The abbreviation STBX is used for efficiency in writing and not for efficiency in speech.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Soon-To-Be Ex" instead of using the abbreviation STBX.
Example of STBX Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?