What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does RWL Mean?RWL means "Roaring With Laughter."
The abbreviation RWL is used with the meaning "Roaring With Laughter" to express extreme amusement. Although abbreviations such as LOL (Laughing Out Loud) and ALOL (Actually Laughing Out Loud) are still widely used to indicate amusement and approval (especially by older people), their significance has become diluted through overuse and they are now just as likely to be used sarcastically. Therefore, abbreviations such as RWL have evolved to express genuine amusement.
Other variations of LOL with meanings similar to RWL include:
- LLOL (Literally Laugh Out Loud) .
- ROFLOL (Rolling On The Floor Laughing).
- SLOL (Seriously Laughing Out Loud) .
Summary of Key Points"Roaring With Laughter" is the most common definition for RWL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Roaring With Laughter|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for RWLWhen I write RWL, I mean this:
RWL can express genuine amusement or sarcasm.
Examples of RWL in SentencesHere are examples of RWL being used in conversations:
- Greg: Did you know that Moses had the first tablet that could connect to the cloud?
- Tristan: RWL! (Here RWL expresses genuine amusement.)
- Carl: Did she see the funny side?
- Callum: Of course. She was RWL when her groom arrived 30 minutes late for the wedding with his head shaved and the hangover from hell . (Here, RWL is being used sarcastically.)
An Academic Look at RWLAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Arr Dublyoo Ell"), RWL is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Roaring With Laughter" or something like "That's So Funny!" instead of using the abbreviation RWL.
Example of RWL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?