What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RAKE Mean?RAKE is an old English word that means "immoral womanizer." It is also an Irish slang word that means "a lot" (as in "much," "many").
Here is more information about each of these definitions of RAKE.
Immoral WomanizerThe word RAKE was widely used in England during the 16th to 19th centuries, to refer to immoral young male members of the aristocracy. RAKEs were notorious for their loutish behavior and womanizing.
During the 20th century, the term RAKE fell from common use. However, interest in the word was reignited as a result of the popularity of the Netflix television period drama series Bridgerton, which is set in the world of Regency era (early 19th century) London.
- Bar owner: Those rich boys trashed my bar, assaulted my staff, and refused to pay.
- Police Chief: Oh my! They are such RAKES.
A LotRAKE is also Irish slang for "a lot" (as in "much" or "many"). For example:
- That's a RAKE of cash you've got there!
- There's RAKEs of people going on Friday.
Image for RAKEWhen I write RAKE, I mean this: "Immoral Womanizer"
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition of RAKE"Immoral Womanizer" is the most common definition for RAKE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Summary of Key Points for the Second Definition"A Lot" is another common definition for RAKE.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of RAKE Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RAKE means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?