What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RAINCHECK Mean?RAINCHECK means "Postponement Until Another Occasion." When someone asks for a RAINCHECK, they are asking to postpone an invite to a later date.
The term RAINCHECK originates from baseball. In the 1880s, paying spectators would receive a "rain check" entitling them to future admission for a game that was postponed or ended early due to bad weather. The term soon evolved to refer to other kinds of admission tickets, coupons, and invitations.
Summary of Key Points"Postponement until another occasion (US)" is the most common definition for RAINCHECK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Postponement until another occasion (US)|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for RAINCHECKWhen I write RAINCHECK, I mean this:
To take a RAINCHECK means to postpone plans until another time.
Examples of RAINCHECK in SentencesHere are examples of RAINCHECK being used in conversations:
- Tony: Can I take a RAINCHECK on the cocktails tonight?
- Jordan: Sure, perhaps we can grab a coffee next week.
- Tony: Would you like to have dinner with us next Saturday?
- Jordan: I'd love to but we are busy on Saturday. Could we take a RAINCHECK?
An Academic Look at RAINCHECKRAINCHECK is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- I'm very busy this week. Can I take a RAINCHECK? (Here, RAINCHECK is being used as a noun.)
Example of RAINCHECK Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?