Meaning of PLEB
What Does PLEB Mean? (Using PLEB Online)PLEB means "Low-Class or Common person". The term PLEB is short for Plebeian. The Plebeians were the general body of free Roman citizens who had no right to vote. Plebeian may have first been shortened to PLEB by English public school pupils in the 18th century, when it was used as a derogatory term for pupils of lower social classes.
In modern usage, PLEB is often used as an insult to imply that someone lacks intelligence, is unsophisticated or of low social standing. In online gaming circles, PLEB is used as a derogatory term for inexperienced gamers, or a player who does not have the latest version of a game or gaming equipment.
Of note, PLEBS was the title of a popular UK television series which ran from 2013 to 2016.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PLEBPLEB means "Low-class or common person". This is the most common definition for PLEB on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about PLEB:
|Definition:||Low-class or common person|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for PLEBWhen I write PLEB, I mean this:
PLEB is often used to imply that someone is unsophisticated.
Examples of PLEB in SentencesHere are examples of PLEB being used in conversations:
- Boris: Great idea! Call an election to crush the opposition.
- Michael: Yeah! "Strong and stable!" PLEB!
- Interviewer: So, after his first one hundred days in office what's your impression of him?
- Interviewee: PLEB!
An Academic Look at PLEBPLEB is a shortened version of plebeian and is therefore a contraction. Contractions tend to be formed in one of three ways:
- Using letters from the start of the word (e.g., AMP from amplifier).
- Using letters from the start and end of the word (e.g., Dr from Doctor).
- Using an apostrophe to replace a letter or letters (e.g., can't from cannot).
A Text with PLEB
Using PLEB on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)