Meaning of PLD
What Does PLD Mean? (Using PLD Online)PLD means "Poor Life Decision". A PLD is an action that, in hindsight, was not a good idea. A PLD is generally not made while thinking clearly and usually leads to immediate regret. A PLD will normally come back to haunt the decision-maker later in life.
Some examples of PLDs include:
- Bunking off before an important exam to see a One Direction concert.
- Using Snapchat to document a night of heavy drinking and blaring music.
- Angry tweeting in the heat of the moment, especially when under the media spotlight.
- Inviting everyone to your free house and telling them to bring "anybody they like!".
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PLDPLD means "Poor Life Decision". This is the most common definition for PLD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about PLD:
|Definition:||Poor Life Decision|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for PLDWhen I write PLD, I mean this:
This puppy just made a PLD.
Examples of PLD in SentencesHere are examples of PLD being used in conversations:
- Person A: Got a tattoo of Hillary, our next president!
- Person B: Now that's a PLD!
- Person A: Oh no! I was drunk-texting my ex last night at the party!
- Person B: That's always a PLD.
An Academic Look at PLDAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Pee Ell Dee"), PLD is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Very Bad Move" or even "Poor Life Decision" instead of using the abbreviation PLD.
A Text with PLD
Using PLD on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)