Meaning of PIKEY
What Does PIKEY Mean?PIKEY is a derogatory term used to describe someone from the travelling community (e.g., Romani travellers, Irish travellers, gypsies). It carries a negative connotation, specifically a connation of thieving travellers. As an adjective, PIKEY has come to mean low quality. For example, "Where did you get that pikey jacket?"
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PIKEYPIKEY means "Gypsy or traveller (derogatory)". This is the most common meaning for PIKEY on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. Here is some more information about PIKEY:
|Definition:||Gypsy or traveller (derogatory)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for PIKEYWhen I write PIKEY, I mean this:
PIKEY is a derogatory term for a member of the travelling community.
Examples of PIKEY in SentencesHere are examples of PIKEY being used in conversations:
- Person A: There's a PIKEY going door to door asking if you need your drive tarmacking.
- Person B: I actually need mine doing.
- Person A: Is this your PIKEY car?
- Person B: At least I've got a car!
An Academic Look at PIKEYPIKEY can be used as a noun or an adjective. For example:
- Did that PIKEY just try to sell you an iPad? (Here, PIKEY is being used as a noun.)
- What a PIKEY railway station. (Here, PIKEY is being used as an adjective.)
A Text with PIKEY
Using PIKEY on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)