What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does OBVZ Mean?The word OBVZ is shorthand for "obviously." It is usually seen as a single-word response to an obvious question or an obvious statement.
Image for OBVZWhen I write OBVZ, I mean this: OBVZ is shorthand for obviously.
Summary of Key Points"Obviously" is the most common definition for OBVZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OBVZ in SentencesHere are examples of OBVZ being used in conversations:
- Charlie: You're in the paper for your court case!
- Jordan: OBVZ.
- Charlie: Are you going to John's leaving function?
- Jordan: OBVZ
An Academic Look at OBVZOBVZ is an adverb, but the verb it modifies is usually not stated. For example:
- Charlie: Are you going to John's leaving function
- Jordan: OBVZ [I am going]. (Here, the verb am going is understood but not stated.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Oh, well done, Sherlock" or "There are no flies on you" instead of OBVZ.
Example of OBVZ Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?