What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does LYM Mean?LYM means "Love You More." The abbreviation LYM is a shortened form of the sentence "I Love You More." It is commonly used as a response to a declaration of love and is a way of saying that, no matter how much they love you, your love for them is greater.
- LYM has the same meaning as the abbreviation ILUM ("I Love You More").
- Boy band JLS released a song entitled "Love You More," which was used as the official Children In Need song in 2010. The single debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart in November of that year and was the band's fourth UK number-one single.
Summary of Key Points"Love You More" is the most common definition for LYM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You More|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LYMWhen I write LYM, I mean this:
No matter how much you love me, I LYM.
Examples of LYM in SentencesHere are examples of LYM being used in conversations:
- Nigel: See you tonight. Love you.
- Cherie: LYM.
- David: I love you so, so much.
- Sophie: However much that is, I LYM.
An Academic Look at LYMLYM is an abbreviation of the sentence "I love you more." It is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "I love you more" instead of using LYM.
Example of LYM Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?