What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LFM Mean?LFM means "Looking For More" or "Looking For Member."
LFM is used in gaming with the meaning "Looking For More" or "Looking For Member" to indicate that a player or players in MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) games are looking for people to play with them.
LFM is often used when a Clan or Guild need help for a specific task, but can also be used when a group wants to recruit permanent members. For example:
- Lee: We are going to need help if we are going to get past this lot!
- Ali: I'll pin an LFM note on Discord.
Check out our comprehensive list of gaming terms.
Image for LFMWhen I write LFM, I mean this: "Looking For More or Looking For Member"
Summary of Key Points"Looking For More" or "Looking For Member" is the most common definition for LFM in gaming groups and on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Looking For More or Looking For Member|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at LFMAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ell Eff Emm"), LFM is classified as an initialism abbreviation.
Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are abbreviations spoken as words (e.g., GOAT, NATO).
Example of LFM Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what LFM means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?