What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does IKY Mean?IKY means "I Know You."
The abbreviation IKY is typically used with the meaning "I Know You" to suggest that you have information about someone or know them well. IKY is also often used when communicating online or by text with a person who you have met or had contact with before. For example:
- IKY. You never miss a chance to party! (Here, IKY indicates that you know someone well.)
- IKY. We have chatted on the Twin Peaks forum. (Here, IKY indicates that you have met or been in contact with someone before.)
Summary of Key Points"I Know You" is the most common definition for IKY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Know You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for IKYWhen I write IKY, I mean this:
IKY can mean you recognize someone or you have information about them.
Examples of IKY in SentencesHere are examples of IKY being used in conversations:
- Tim: Sam, this is Penny.
- Sam: IKY. We met at Mark's party.
- Gamer 1: I am Captain Fantastic and I am the master of this universe!
- Gamer 2: IKY. Aren't you the guy who delivers pizza for Krusty's?
An Academic Look at IKYAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eye Kay Why"), IKY is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Know You," or something like "We've Met Before" instead of using IKY.
Example of IKY Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?