Meaning of HBU
What Does HBU Mean?HBU means "How About You?". The abbreviation HBU is commonly used as a response to a question. HBU is typically used to confirm the other person's plans or to assess their opinion. For example:
- Person 1: What are your plans for the evening?
- Person 2: I'm probably gonna Netflix and chill. HBU?
- Person 1: What do you think of this whole Russia affair?
- Person 2: I'm not sure. HBU?
Summary of Key Points
Definition for HBUHBU means "How about You? (see also HBY)". This is the most common definition for HBU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about HBU:
|Definition:||How about You? (see also HBY)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for HBUWhen I write HBU, I mean this:
HBU is a response to a question.
Examples of HBU in SentencesHere are examples of HBU being used in conversations:
- Arthur: What are you doing today?
- Lola: I've got some decorating to do, HBU?
- Arthur: That's funny, same here!
- Simon: How many press ups can you do?
- Mark: Three hundred HBU?
- Simon: Three.
An Academic Look at HBUHBU plays the role of an interrogative sentence (i.e., a question), but it is commonly seen without a question mark. It can be written "HBU?" or "HBU".
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Aitch Bee Yoo"), HBU is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "How About You?" instead of using HBU.
A Text with HBU
Using HBU on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)