What Does GTK Mean?GTK means "Good To Know."
The abbreviation GTK is used with the meaning "Good To Know" to acknowledge the receipt of information that is useful or helpful. GTK can be used even if the information received is not something that you really wanted to hear.
GTK is often followed up with another abbreviation to express thanks, such as TFI ("Thanks For The Information").
Summary of Key Points"Good to Know" is the most common definition for GTK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Good to Know|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for GTKWhen I write GTK, I mean this:
Sometimes it can be GTK, even if it's not really "Good To Know."
Examples of GTK in SentencesHere are examples of GTK being used in conversations:
- Richard: I saw your girl out with someone else last night.
- Stewart: Really?! Thanks. That's GTK.
- Mary-Ann: The boss is in a really bad mood today.
- Dawn: Thanks. Always GTK.
An Academic Look at GTKAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Gee Tee Kay"), GTK is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of GTK Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?