Meaning of GFI
What Does GFI Mean?GFI (Go For It) is an expression of encouragement with a meaning similar to "Just do it" or "Go ahead".
Of note, GFI is also recorded as having the alternative meanings below. However, neither of these meanings is deemed popular enough to warrant a separate entry in our library.
- Gagging For It. This term is used to describe a girl who is supposedly looking for an imminent sexual relationship.
- Good F*cking Idea. This is usually used sarcastically in response to a bad idea.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for GFIGFI means "Go for It". This is the most common definition for GFI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about GFI:
|Definition:||Go for It|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for GFIWhen I write GFI, I mean this:
GFI means "Go for it!"
Examples of GFI in SentencesHere are examples of GFI being used in conversations:
- Person A: Shall I ask her if she'd like a drink?
- Person B: GFI
- Person A: Can you eat these mushrooms?
- Person B: I'm not sure. GFI!
An Academic Look at GFIWhen GFU means "Go For It," it is an imperative sentence, i.e., an order. (In other words, GFI is not used as a part of speech within a wider sentence.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm right behind you", "throw caution to the wind" or "to hell with the consequences" instead of GFI.
A Text with GFI
Using GFI on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)