What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does GFI Mean?GFI (Go For It) is an expression of encouragement with a meaning similar to "Just do it" or "Go ahead."
Of note, GFI is also recorded as having the alternative meanings below. However, neither of these meanings is deemed popular enough to warrant a separate entry in our library.
- Gagging For It. This term is used to describe a girl who is supposedly looking for an imminent sexual relationship.
- Good F*cking Idea. This is usually used sarcastically in response to a bad idea.
Summary of Key Points"Go for It" is the most common definition for GFI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Go for It|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for GFIWhen I write GFI, I mean this:
GFI means "Go for it!"
Examples of GFI in SentencesHere are examples of GFI being used in conversations:
- Person A: Shall I ask her if she'd like a drink?
- Jordan: GFI
- Person A: Can you eat these mushrooms?
- Jordan: I'm not sure. GFI!
An Academic Look at GFIWhen GFU means "Go For It," it is an imperative sentence, i.e., an order. (In other words, GFI is not used as a part of speech within a wider sentence.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm right behind you," "throw caution to the wind," or "to hell with the consequences" instead of GFI.
Example of GFI Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?