What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does FUBAR Mean?Meaning "irreparably broken," FUBAR (F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition) has been in use as an informal military abbreviation since at least World War II. Other expansions of FUBAR include:
- F*cked Up Beyond All Repair
- F*cked Up By Army Regulations
Summary of Key Points"F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition" is the most common definition for FUBAR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition|
Image for FUBARWhen I write FUBAR, I mean this:
FUBAR means irreparably broken.
Examples of FUBAR in SentencesHere are examples of FUBAR being used in conversations:
- Yes, sergeant
- Yes, sergeant
- FUBAR, sergeant
- Yes, sergeant (Here, FUBAR means killed. It carries the connotation of Adams being blown up, i.e., destroyed beyond recognition.)
- Tony: Which fuel did you put in the generator?
- Jordan: I used the red jerry can.
- Person A: That's petrol! The generator is now FUBAR. (Here, FUBAR means irreparably broken.)
- Tony: They had to drink their own urine.
- Jordan: Ew, that's FUBAR. (Here, FUBAR is being used figuratively, i.e., not in its literal sense.)
An Academic Look at FUBARFUBAR is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
The term FUBAR is most commonly used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). As it usually follows the noun it modifies, it is used a predicative adjective. For example:
- The computer is FUBAR. (Here, FUBAR is a predicative adjective; i.e., it is placed after the noun it modifies, which in this case is computer.)
- This a FUBAR situation. (Here, FUBAR is an attributive adjective; i.e., it is placed before the noun it modifies, which in this case is situation.)
Example of FUBAR Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?