What Does EXTRA Mean? (Using EXTRA Online)EXTRA means "Extremely Over The Top". The term EXTRA is typically used to describe a person who behaves in an excessively dramatic way.
Though EXTRA has been around since the early 2000s, it only became really popular around 2015. One of the most famous examples of EXTRA is the Turkish Chef "Salt Bae" who became a meme and gained popularity for his Extremely Over The Top salt sprinkling in online videos.
Summary of Key Points"extremely over the top" is the most common definition for EXTRA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||extremely over the top|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for EXTRAWhen I write EXTRA, I mean this:
"Salt Bae" is very EXTRA.
Examples of EXTRA in SentencesHere are examples of EXTRA being used in conversations:
- Person A: We're only going to get some milk. Why does she have all that makeup on?
- Person B: She's so EXTRA!
- Person A: Her reaction was so EXTRA when she heard the news.
- Person B: She's always been a drama queen.
An Academic Look at EXTRAEXTRA is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- She's always so EXTRA. (Here, the adjective EXTRA modifies she.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have said something like "Drama queeen" instead of using EXTRA.
Example of EXTRA Used in a Text