What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does AKA Mean?AKA (Also Known As) is used to introduce an alias. It is most often used by law-enforcement officials to notify of a criminal's false and alternative identity. For example:
- Simon Jones AKA Simon Adams is armed and dangerous.
- Terry Baxter aka the best-looking flirt in town will be there so leave your daughters at home.
The business equivalent of AKA is DBA (Doing Business As), which is a legal term to show that a trading name is not the legal name of the person who owns the business. (DBA is also seen as "o/a" (Operating As) or "t/a" (Trading As).)
Summary of Key Points"Also Known As" is the most common definition for AKA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Also Known As|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AKAWhen I write AKA, I mean this:
The image shows "Michael" AKA "Joseph."
Examples of AKA in SentencesHere are examples of AKA being used in sentences:
- Malcolm AKA Lofty is not allowed in the venue.
- Dave AKA the pizza hoover will devour the buffet single handedly.
An Academic Look at AKAAKA is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ay Kay Ay). (Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
Example of AKA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?