What Does EOM Mean?EOM means "End Of Message". The abbreviation EOM is typically used in the subject line of email messages to indicate that the body of the message contains no text and the complete message is contained in the subject line. For example:
- Subject: OK. Will pick you up at 5. EOM.
- Subject: Meeting rescheduled for 4.30 pm. EOM.
EOM is also used to end a conversation when the sender no longer wishes to discuss a point; e.g., "You will come home straight after school. EOM!"
Summary of Key Points"End of Message" is the most common definition for EOM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||End of Message|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for EOMWhen I write EOM, I mean this:
Using EOM in the subject line aids productivity.
Examples of EOM in SentencesHere are examples of EOM being used in conversations:
- Kat: Please give me another chance. I will never see any of them again.
- Rob: You said that the last time. We're finished! EOM.
- Kid: Please can I stay out until 11 tonight?
- Parent: For the last time, no! You will be home by 10. EOM.
An Academic Look at EOMThe abbreviation EOM is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
EOM is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eee Oh Em). However, as EOM is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "that's that" or "that is all" instead of using the abbreviation EOM.
Example of EOM Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?