What Does CWTCU Mean?CWTCU means "Can't Wait to See You." (It can also be written CWTSY.)
Image for CWTCU
When I write CWTCU, I mean this:
CWTCU (or CWTSY) means "Can't Wait to See You."
Summary of Key Points"Can't Wait to See You" is the most common definition for CWTCU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Can't Wait to See You|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of CWTCU in SentencesHere is an example of CWTCU being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: I'll be home before midnight.
- Jordan: CWTCU
An Academic Look at CWTCUCWTCU is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "I cannot wait to see you." In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
CWTCU is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., See Dublyu Tee Ess Yoo). (NB: Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
Of interest, the letter C often stands for Can't or Cannot, but it rarely stands for Can. For example:
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm dying to see you" instead of CWTCU.
Example of CWTCU Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCWTCY (can't wait to see you) CLWY (can't live without you) CWTCU (can't wait to see you) ICSTAY (I can't stop thinking about you) IBW (I'll be waiting) ICW (I can't wait) W8 (wait) WAS (wait and see) WFI (wait for it)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.