What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does C2C Mean?C2C means "Consumer To Consumer" and "Cam To Cam."
Consumer To ConsumerWhen used with the meaning "Consumer To Consumer," the abbreviation C2C describes any transaction in which members of the public buy and sell amongst themselves, as opposed to dealing directly with a business. This type of transaction may take place online or offline and either directly or via a third party, such as an online auction site or a classified advertisement.
C2C contrasts with B2C, which refers to "Business To Consumer" transactions.
Cam To CamWhen used with the meaning "Cam To Cam," C2C refers to a remote conversation where everyone involved is visible to each other via webcam. Typically, C2C chats would take place between only two people.
In online chat rooms or on dating sites, a request for C2C could be viewed as a proposition for remote or voyeuristic sex. However, it can also be a simple request for a one-to-one conversation. The context of the request should help decide which meaning is applicable.
Image for C2CWhen I write C2C, I mean this: C2C also means "Cam To Cam."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition for C2C."Consumer to Consumer" is the most common definition for C2C on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Consumer to Consumer|
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for C2CC2C is also widely used with the meaning "Cam To Cam," especially on adult dating sites."
|Definition:||Cam To Cam|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of C2C in SentencesHere are examples of C2C being used in conversations:
- Isabella: Do you want to buy my car before I ask the garage for part-exchange?
- Noah: Yes please. Can we do it C2C, so we both get a better deal? (Here, C2C means Consumer To Consumer.)
- Olivia: What do you want me to do?
- Mason: Take your clothes off and let's go C2C.
- Olivia: I'm at work.
- Mason: I know. (Here, C2C means Cam To Cam.)
An Academic Look at C2CC2C is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Private sale" or "Face-to-face" instead of using C2C.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of C2C Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what C2C means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?