What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does BAFO Mean?BAFO means "Best And Final Offer." BAFO is typically used by buyers at the end of a bartering process to state that there is no more room for negotiation. For example:
- Tony: I'll give you £300.
- Jordan: It's £500.
- Tony: £400 BAFO.
- Jordan: No, sorry. It's £500.
- Client: A number of bids are close. Please send you BAFO by 1600 hrs.
Summary of Key Points"Best and Final offer" is the most common definition for BAFO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Best and Final offer|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
Image for BAFOWhen I write BAFO, I mean this:
BAFO means the negotiating is over.
Examples of BAFO in SentencesHere is an example of BAFO being used in conversation:
- Tony: I really want that painting. How much shall I bid?
- Jordan: Work out your BAFO and hope for the best.
- Tony: Yeah, thanks for that!
- Jordan: Happy to help. LOL.
An Academic Look at BAFOBAFO is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "my bottom line" instead of BAFO.
Example of BAFO Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?