Meaning of B4
What Does B4 Mean?B4 means "Before". In text speak, B4 commonly means "Before", as in "prior to", "in preference to" or "in front of". For example:
- He took off his hat B4 entering the room. (In this sentence, B4 means prior to.)
- She would die B4 admitting she is wrong. (In this sentence, B4 means in preference to.)
- She studied the scene B4 her. (In this sentence, B4 means in front of.)
Of note, B4 can refer to vitamin B4, also known as Adenine, which is one of the eight vitamins that belong to the B-complex of vitamins.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for B4B4 means "Before". This is the most common definition for B4 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about B4:
1: Easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
An Image for B4When I write B4, I mean this:
The night sky, just B4 dawn.
Examples of B4 in SentencesHere are examples of B4 being used in jokes:
- Think B4 you laugh at your girlfriend's choices. You're one of them.
- B4 I criticize a man, I like to walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when I do criticize him, I'm a mile away and I have his shoes.
An Academic Look at B4B4 is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write a word or phrase, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality.
Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just written "before" or something like "prior to" or "in preference to" instead of using B4.
A Text with B4
Using B4 on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)