What Does ATM Mean?ATM (At The Moment) is used to emphasize that something is occurring "now" (i.e., at the time of sending the message).
Summary of Key Points" Automated Teller Machine " is the most common definition for ATM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||At the Moment|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ATMWhen I write ATM, I mean this:
The image shows a clock to respresent the current moment.
Examples of ATM in SentencesHere are some examples of ATM being used in sentences:
- We're driving ATM. Text me in 10 minutes.
- Are you in class ATM? I need to see you.
An Academic Look at ATMATM is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ay Tee Em). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
ATM is an adverb of time. It modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. Due to its meaning, ATM can only be used in the present tense. For example:
- We're driving ATM. (Here, ATM emphasizes that the verb (are driving) is occurring now.)
Example of ATM Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?