What Does AML Mean?AML means "All my love". It is typically used to sign off a message or is written in a card or letter to someone we care about (e.g., a family member, relative or a close friend). It is usually written rather than spoken.
Summary of Key Points"All My Love" is the most common definition for AML on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||All My Love|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AMLWhen I write AML, I mean this:
All my love is often written to say goodbye to someone we love.
Examples of AML in SentencesHere are some examples of AML being used in conversations:
- Tony: Happy Birthday Dad. Have a superb day. I'm so sorry I can't be there. AML Linda X
- Jordan: Thank you. I'll save you some birthday cake! Dad X
- Tony: I wish you didn't have to go, and I can't wait until you are home again. Big hug waiting. AML x
- Jordan: It's not for long. I'll be home in no time. AML x
An Academic Look at AMLAML is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ay Em El), but as this is harder to say than "All My Love", it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AML is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Lots of love" or "Hugs and kisses" instead of AML.
Example of AML Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?