What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AFN Mean?AFN means "All for Now." There are several meanings for AFN, but "All for Now" is the most common. (NB: The full version would be "That is all for now.")
AFN can also mean "All F*cking Night" or "Ancient F*cking News."
Summary of Key Points"All for Now" is the most common definition for AFN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||All for Now|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AFNWhen I write AFN, I mean this:
AFN means all for now.
Examples of AFN in SentencesHere are examples of AFN being used in conversations:
- Ken: Is this your finished report?
- Roger: It's AFN, but there's more to come. (Here, AFN means All for Now.)
- Angie: You look tired.
- Kiera: I've been up AFN! (Here, AFN means All F*cking Night.)
- Katie: John and Melony have split up.
- Joanne: AFN! Have you been living in a box? (Here, AFN means Ancient F*cking News.)
An Academic Look at AFNAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Eff En"), AFN is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "that's everything" instead of AFN.
Example of AFN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?