Meaning of ACID
What Does ACID Mean?ACID means "LSD". The term ACID is another name for the psychedelic drug LSD. The name of the extremely powerful hallucinogen comes from the expansion of the abbreviation LSD (Lysergic ACID Diethylamide). Synthesised in 1938 by Swiss scientist Albert Hoffman, ACID is normally measured in micrograms. The substance is often ingested on sugar cubes or tiny pieces of paper. The experience of taking ACID is known as a ‘trip’.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for ACIDACID means "LSD (often pronounced Aseeeeed!)". This is the most common definition for ACID on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about ACID:
|Definition:||LSD (often pronounced Aseeeeed!)|
An Image for ACIDWhen I write ACID, I mean this:
ACID, is a psychedelic drug known for its psychological effects.
Examples of ACID in SentencesHere are examples of ACID being used in conversations:
- Person A: I had so much ACID last night I can barely remember anything.
- Person B: I told you not to take another hit.
- Person A: My head is spinning! How much did I drink last night?
- Person B:You didn't really drink anything. It must have been the ACID .
An Academic Look at ACIDACID is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- I've taken a lot of ACID. (Here, ACID is being used as a noun.)
What Did We Used To Say?The term ACID existed as slang for the psychedlic drug, LSD, before the digital era.
A Text with ACID
Using ACID on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)