What Does PLUG Mean?PLUG means "Contact" and "Drug Dealer." It is often seen as the plug emoji (🔌).
Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
ContactIn general chat online and offline, PLUG means "Contact." A plug is someone who can get hard to gain items, such as tickets for concerts and sporting events, the latest fashions, access to exclusive clubs, etc. For example:
- Toni: The Eagles are touring this year!
- Jo: I know! And I have a PLUG who can get us tickets!
Drug DealerThe word PLUG and the plug emoji are often used on social media to refer to a drug dealer or supplier.
Image for PLUG
When I write PLUG, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition of PLUG"Contact" is the most common definition for PLUG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for the Second Definition"Drug Dealer" is another common definition for PLUG.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at PLUGThe image of a PLUG is often used as an emoji, i.e., a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion.
PLUG is also a slang word. Slang refers to words, phrases and uses of language that are regarded as very informal and which are often restricted to a special context or a particular group of users.
Example of PLUG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoList of Drugs-Related Terms CANDYMAN (drug dealer) DIME (measure of drugs) HOTBOX (smoke a drug in a confined area) NICKEL (measure of drugs) PEACH (butt or vagina (emoji), pleasing or attractive) PIE (kilo of drugs) SKI INSTRUCTOR (cocaine dealer)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.