Meaning of INB4
What Does INB4 Mean?INB4 (In Before) can be used "to steal someone's thunder" (i.e., grab the glory for yourself) or "to beat someone to the punch" (i.e., head off an expected retort). In summary, it means to get a response in quickly before someone else does.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for INB4INB4 means "In before (already mentioned)". This is the most common definition for INB4 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about INB4:
(Beating someone to the punch)
|Type:||Word and Abbreviation|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for INB4When I write INB4, I mean this:
INB4 means getting in first.
Examples of INB4 in SentencesHere are examples of INB4 being used in sentences:
- Person A: Did you see Game of Thrones last night?
- Person B: Not yet
- Person C: INB4 John Snow dies.
- Person B: Thanks…not
- Person A: 8===D (What is this?) (Here, Person C is grabbing the glory for himself.)
- Person A: I am making seafood pizza tonight.
- Person A: INB4 Yes I know the last one made you ill.
- Person B: You know it! (Here, Person B is heading off an expected retort.)
An Academic Look at INB4INB4 is typically used like an adverb of time meaning "Before you say anything".
Adverbs typically modify verbs. When INB4 is used, the verb is inferred. In full, a message starting with INB4 would read I am saying x, before you say anything. In Cyber Speak, this manifests itself as:
- INB4 x
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have written something like "Spoiler alert" or "Yes, I know what you're going say" instead of INB4.
A Text with INB4
Using INB4 on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)