Meaning of IDTS
What Does IDTS Mean?IDTS means "I Don't Think So". The abbreviation IDTS is typically used to indicate lack of certainty. It can also be used to indicate disagreement or disbelief. For example:
- Colin: Is there a train after 11.00pm on a Saturday?
- Mark: IDTS. (Here, IDTS indicates a lack of certainty.)
- Maria: I've got a date with Prince Harry.
- Lola: IDTS! (Here, IDTS indicates disbelief.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for IDTSIDTS means "I Don't Think So". This is the most common definition for IDTS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about IDTS:
|Definition:||I Don't Think So|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for IDTSWhen I write IDTS, I mean this:
IDTS indicates disbelief or a lack of certainty.
Examples of IDTS in SentencesHere are examples of IDTS being used in conversations:
- Rita: I've got a date with Tupac.
- Sonny: IDTS, he died in 1996.
- Bill: I just know I'm going to get a massive pay rise.
- George: IDTS somehow. You've had two warnings about time keeping this month already.
An Academic Look at IDTSIDTS is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Dee Tee Ess). However, it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IDTS is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Are You Sure?" or even just "I Don't Think So" instead of using IDTS.
A Text with IDTS
Using IDTS on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)