Meaning of IAS
What Does IAS Mean?IAS means "In A Second". The abbreviation IAS is typically used with the meaning "In A Second" to indicate that the sender is currently occupied, but will be ready very shortly.
IAS is similar in meaning to HO (hold on). It contrasts with WAM (wait a minute), which implies a slightly longer break.
Other common meanings of IAS are:
- "Indian Administrative Service". The permanent bureaucracy in India that forms part of the executive branch of the government.
- "International Accounting Standards". From 1973 until 2001, these were standards for the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- "Immigration Advisory Service". A UK organization that provided legal advice and guidance on British immigration law. It closed down in 2011.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for IASIAS means "In a Second". This is the most common definition for IAS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about IAS:
|Definition:||In a Second|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for IASWhen I write IAS, I mean this:
IAS means that I will be with you very shortly.
Examples of IAS in SentencesHere are examples of IAS being used in conversations:
- Jon: How do you keep an idiot in suspense?
- Shania: I don't know. How?
- Jon: I'll tell you IAS.
- Gamer 1: You ready to go?
- Gamer 2: IAS. Just waiting for the game to load.
An Academic Look at IASIAS is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Ay Ess). However, when used with the meaning "In A Second", IAS is not usually said using its letters. It is used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Hold On" or "Just A Mo" instead of using the abbreviation IAS.
A Text with IAS
Using IAS on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)