What Does HWP Mean?HWP stands for "Height Weight Proportional". It is typically used on dating sites (e.g., Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com) or in personal ads to avoid offering body sizes. For example:
- I am 5 feet 4 inches tall and HWP.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for HWPHWP means "Height Weight Proportional". This is the most common definition for HWP on Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com.
|Definition:||Height Weight Proportional|
5: Extremely difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for HWPWhen I write HWP, I mean this:
An attractive lady who is HWP.
Examples of HWP in SentencesHere are examples of HWP being used in conversations:
- Person A: You're a tiny thing, aren't you? How would describe your physique? Sporty? Normal? Overweight?
- Person B: HWP
- Person A: Ah, okay. (In this scenario, Person A has learnt that HWP usually means slightly overweight.)
An Academic Look at HWPHWP is typically seen as an entry in a list of personal attributes. When used in a full sentence, HWP is mostly used like a predicative adjective (i.e., after the thing it describes), but occasionally it is used as an attributive adjective (i.e., immediately before the thing it describes). For example:
- Janet is HWP. (Here, HWP is describing Janet. It is a predicative adjective.)
- She is a HWP girl. (Although much rarer, HWP can be used as an attributive adjective.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "average build" instead of HWP.
Example of HWP Used in a Text
Using HWP on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Tinder)